Saturday, January 5, 2013

PLAYOFFS?! TALKING ABOUT PLAYOFFS!?

Just a few thoughts before the NFL playoffs begin and I become more and more unstable. I really appreciate the Patriots bye week for allowing me one relaxing weekend in the month of January. Shit's about to get real.

Wild Card Weekend starts now so obviously it's going to be a little wild. Nervous to see who the Patriots will play next week since I can actually imagine them playing any team left. I think if I have to choose I would choose Houston since I think the Patriots prepared hardest earlier in the season for them and while I don't think the game would go the same way it went last time, I think the Patriots would pull out the win. I would least likely want to play the Ravens because I don't think there's anything Ray Lewis would enjoy more than beating Tom Brady at home then retiring. Also no more Bernard Pollard...please no more.

These are my predictions for the next few weeks and I expect to be totally wrong on most of them. Also obviously I have the Patriots winning the Superbowl and you're on something if you think I wasn't going to do that.

Texans over Bengals
Packers over Vikings
Baltimore over Indy
Seattle over Washington
Denver over Baltimore
Patriots over Texans
Seattle over Atlanta
49ers over Packers
Patriots over Denver
49ers over Seattle
Patriots over 49ers

These are also some randomly selected players I think will have an impact in the playoffs. This is only so that if any of these people have good games I'll get to brag that I know everything about sports.

  • Geno Atkins
  • Reggie Wayne
  • AJ Green
  • Champ Bailey
  • Torrey Smith
  • Vince Wilfork
  • Alfred Morris
  • Charles Woodson
  • Danny Woodhead
  • Russell Wilson
  • Von Miller


The state of the Patriots entering the playoffs:

Let's make out


Although they've reverted a little backwards in the last few weeks, especially against Jacksonville, I like this Patriots defense. I like the mix of rookies with a great work ethic (Dennard, Jones, Francis, Hightower) and these well-respected veteran leaders (Wilfork, Mayo, Gregory, Ninkovich) and adding in those extra special guys like Talib and McCourty at safety. If the Patriots can start the playoffs with a healthy Dennard and Talib at corner, McCourty and Gregory/Chung at safety, linebackers Mayo, Spikes and Hightower, Wilfork and a healthier Ninkovich, Chandler Jones on the D-line...I think they've got a pretty good shot. For the past few years we've been hearing how the Patriots defense is in transition but I think this year is as good as any for them to pull it all together. Plus Gronk needs to win a Superbowl. It's been a boring year without Gronk doing anything too crazy but find me someone who wouldn't love to see how Gronk celebrates a Superbowl win since we know how he celebrates a Superbowl loss:


And then this video for good measure to get us all on a more positive note after talking about last year.



This is the difference between the Patriots and some of the other NFL franchises. How are the Giants, Steelers, Saints and Cowboys at home working on their new Citizens watch and Head & Shoulder's commercials and the Patriots are waiting for the next opponent. With all of the firings on Black Monday, it really should make Patriots fans thankful for Bill and that gorgeous hat he's been wearing.


GO PATRIOTS!!! 

twinsies!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment